Ooey-Gooey Zucchini Brownies






An abundance of zucchini brings a lot of creativity! I got this recipe from my sister Peggy and have used it for years. It seems more like cake than brownies but really moist and ooey-gooey. Mmmm!  I'm pretty sure you need an ice cold glass of milk to wash these down.

We can count this as a serving of vegetable or fruit, right?  The kids will never notice if you fine shred the zucchini.  Sneaky, sneaky, SNEAKY!

Ooey-Gooey Zucchini Brownies

2 C. shredded zucchini
2 C. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 C. sugar
1/4- 1/2 C. cocoa powder
1/2 C. oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. chopped walnuts (optional)

Mix together well, pour into a greased 9x13 pan, and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Cool & frost with chocolate frosting. (I just generally mix a couple of cups of powdered sugar, a few tablespoons of cocoa, melt a 1/4 C. of butter & mix - adding milk a little at a time until it is the consistency I like - add vanilla as well if you'd like. And yes - I often cook with this sort of precision LOL! )

Joy's Note: This does NOT have eggs (just so you know I didn't forget them :) ) and in case you think the baking soda is optional.... it's not. LOL I tried that once on accident & brownie bricks just aren't as appetizing as one would think. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread