Buttermilk Pancakes from Scratch!

My children love pancakes!  I'd never really loved them until I found this recipe.  It is so light and tender!  I pour out about 1/2 C. of batter and spread for nearly plate sized pancakes.  I included my syrup recipe as well.  I love how home made syrup soaks right into your pancake.  Mmmm!  My brother also introduced us to Buttermilk Syrup which is sinful!  It deserves its own post so watch for that coming up!

Once you try these a mix just won't compare!




Buttermilk Pancakes

2 C. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
2 T. sugar
2 lg. eggs, unbeaten
2 C. buttermilk
1/4 C. margarine or butter, melted

Mix all ingredients (will be lumpy and very thick) and fry on a hot skillet (about 375 if you have an electric griddle - or on my electric stove, just around medium).  Serve with butter and syrup!

Joy's Note:  I usually like to add 2-4 T. of regular milk to thin it enough to spread easily.

Homemade Maple Syrup

1 C. white sugar
1 C. brown sugar
1 C. water
1 tsp. maple flavoring
1/2 tsp. butter flavoring

Bring the sugars and water to boil.  Boil 5 minutes.  Add flavorings, mix well, and serve.

Joy's Note:  If you add about 1/2 C. corn syrup to the recipe above, it will keep the syrup from crystalizing when you store it in the fridge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread