Buttery Garlic Red Potatoes

My Mom didn't care for garlic and I grew up not really knowing what it tasted like. In my own kitchen, I often use garlic. I love it!



These potatoes make an easy side dish, I use red potatoes most often, but if they're not available pretty much any type of potato would do. (I guess I haven't tried sweet potatoes lol but you just never know!) I don't have exact amounts because I just cut potatoes until the pan looks right... you can't really do it wrong.

6 fist sized red potatoes (or however many it takes to make a nice layer in your 9x13 pan)
3-4 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 - 1/2 C. butter
salt & pepper

Spray your 9x13 pan. Cut potatoes into chunks and spread out in pan. You want to keep them fairly shallow so they'll crisp up a bit as they cook. Melt butter in a small saucepan and saute' garlic for a few minutes. Pour butter mixture over potatoes & stir them around so they're coated well. Sprinkle salt generously over the potatoes. (you'd add pepper now too if you like) Bake in 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft in the center and getting crisp on the outside. Serve nice & hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread