Menu Planning Week Three

Grrr!  This weeks menu was really hard to make myself plan!  There are a few things I have on hand that I need to use; fresh mushrooms, potatoes, whole wheat tortilla's.  It did help to know Tuesday was soup night and Friday or Saturday could be pizza.  Monday of this week was a holiday & we had leftovers from Sunday.  YUMMY Sweet & Sour Chicken & eggrolls.  I think I have a workable menu.  Lots of chicken dishes though.  But that's what I have a lot of on hand right now.  :)   Here's the plan:

Menu February 15-21

Monday -  leftover's from Sunday; sweet & sour chicken, fried rice, home made eggrolls
Tuesday - Chicken & Homemade Noodles over mashed potatoes, fresh fruit salad

Wednesday - Yaki don Buri (a Japanese dish using egg, chicken, mushroom, green onion) served over rice

Thursday - Chicken Enchilada's (using half of the whole chicken cooked for dinner Tuesday)

Friday - Homemade Pizza.  McKay got a Pizza cookbook for Christmas & he found the most delicious crust and sauce recipe there!  That's the one we'll make.

Saturday - Hamburgers w/ home made buns, oven fries, fruit salad

Sunday - Seasoned Pot Roast w/ potatoes, carrots & onion, Corn, Jello Salad

Breakfasts will include:  eggs & toast, french toast or pancakes from the freezer

Snacks will include:  leftover sugar cookies, graham crackers & milk, no-bake cookies, cheese & crackers.

Comments

  1. What a nice site—so reader-friendly! In my job for a cooking software company I study blogs and one of the happy parts of this assignment is finding great sites like yours. I am so glad I found this! I can relate regarding your menu planning and I'm a fanatic about it--it's one of the very best ways to save money of the grocery budget! Since I work for the company, I FINALLY decided to try their product (duh!). The menu-planning feature is wonderful! I'm sure I'll sound like an infomercial, but I wanted to tell you about their cookbook software . FINALLY I can find what I need, when I need it, without having to scour through boatloads of recipes and books! (I’ve included the link in case you are interested.) Lastly, thanks so much for a great blog—I love your information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread