Menu Planning Week Two

Last weeks menu worked out really well until Wednesday.  We ended up with our little guy in the hospital with RSV until late Saturday. My sweet Mom called before I was even home from the hospital with Wesley to say she was bringing dinner.  I had in mind something I could fix, but it was 6:30pm and I was exhausted from (not)sleeping sitting in a chair in the hospital for 3 nights.  Dave and the other kids at home were sick, I was finally getting a sore throat and coughing...   That meal meant more to me than filling our tummies.  It was just like a big hug from my Mama.  You know the kind?  She brought Chicken Pot Pie with biscuits on top instead of a crust.  One of my favorite comfort foods.  She's a great example to me of serving others... I hope I can emulate her better as I grow up.  Thanks for the food and the hug Mom! (and thanks Peggy for offering!)

The menu DID work terrific in one way though...  because it was all planned out, McKay, who's 14, could throw together French Bread Pizza's really easy one of those nights I was gone, to feed everyone at home.  All the ingredients were right there for him & I just had to explain over the phone.  Margie, my sister-in-law, fed my little girls the first night and McKay fed himself ramen noodles... a can of ham & bean soup worked the other night.    See.... and you all thought we ate nice, well-rounded meals all the time.  lol

Back to the menu. :o)

Wednesday before we ran to the hospital, I had the carrot and onion all sliced and out on the counter ready for stir-fry.  It is still waiting in the fridge so we'll use it the beginning of the week.  Tuesday should have been the Scout Banquet for us, but as we're all still contagious, and there will be lots of little ones there, we're opting to stay home and keep our germs to ourselves. (and to avoid Wes getting new ones before he builds his immune system back up a bit!)  We'll have something here at home.  Sunday is Valentines Day.... though I think Dave and I will have a nice dinner (at home) Saturday night.  Here's the plan... (pretty simple the first part of the week in case we're still cuddling a sick toddler)

Menu February 8-14

Monday - Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry, apple slices, Brownies
Tuesday - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches using home made bread, tomato soup (soup night with a twist )
Wednesday - Spaghetti, garlic toast, tossed green salad
Thursday - Taco's, peaches
Friday - pork chops, fried potatoes, applesauce, green beans
Saturday - frozen pizza for the kids - Valentine dinner for Dave and I... considering Shrimp Scampi, Baked Potato Fans, green salad, broccoli, Double Chocolate Parfait for dessert.
Sunday - Chicken and Rice, Jello with fruit, corn OR Turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, red jello w/ fruit, corn & rolls.   (If I do the turkey it will make next weeks menu easy)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread