Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Luscious Lemon Bars

Several days ago I started craving these wonderfully tart and tangy Lemon Bars!  I was a good girl for DAYS and didn't make them.  (I could eat way to many!)  However, I have an activity tonight that I can take a treat to share!  Hooray!  I can make a batch of Luscious Lemon Bars and have lots of people to share them with!

Usually chocolate is my sweet of choice.  But these lemon bars just seem like a terrific celebration of spring!  

Luscious Lemon Bars

Crust:

2 cubes butter, softened but still cool
2 C. flour
1/2 C. powdered sugar

Mix butter, flour and powdered sugar together until crumbly.  Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  Cool slightly.

Filling:

2 C. sugar
4 eggs
5 T. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest  (optional)

Beat together until well mixed.  Pour over top of the baked crust and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still hot.  Cool, cut into squares, and serve.

Joy's Notes:  These always seem to be sticky around the edges.  I just cut in about 1/2 inch to make a cleaner cut if they're too sticky to cut well.  This recipe cuts in half easily if you only need an 8x8 pan of lemon bars.

2 comments:

  1. "I just cut in about 1/2 inch to make a cleaner cut if they're too sticky to cut well."

    I'm sure it goes without saying that the cook behaves and doesn't cram down all the scraps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. .... without saying. Right. :) This batch I had to leave for the evening. Just a few crumbs left on the edges when I got back. lol Kids seem to clean up pretty good if I don't beat them to it!

    ReplyDelete