Busy experimenting!

The posts are few & far between lately.  Hopefully that changes soon.  I've been having fun finding ways to use up the food co-op produce we get every other week.  I'm also working on eating healthier and exercising more.  I've been creating in the kitchen the past week to cater to my changes.  I'm limiting my calories to 1200-1500 each day.  Makes it a bit harder to get all the nutrition I need if I eat sweets or breads.  That's the only downside though.  So far I'm down 5 lbs in the past week.  I know the weight loss will slow down now & that's ok.  Once my weight is where I'd like it I'll raise my calorie limits but I'm determined to keep eating healthier food.... and in the meantime...  I'll just keep having fun with the menu!

Foods we've enjoyed the past week:

Lentil Burrito's
Grilled Chicken Salad
Homemade, fat free yogurt sweetened with diced mango
Vegetable Soup
Baked Chicken w/ Garlic Parsley Red Potatoes

In the works for this next week are:

Red Beans and Rice
Chicken and Black Bean Burrito's
Homemade Fat Free Refried Beans and Homemade Whole Wheat Tortilla's
Garlic Basil Shrimp with whole grain pasta

We've also been enjoying smoothies made with our fat free homemade yogurt, strawberries, banana's and mango's.  Too bad the nice ripe mango's are gone now.  That was good while it lasted!

I'll try to share my experiments with you as we go.  The kids have adapted well.  In fact, I was surprised to find out that they prefer whole wheat bread most of the time.  How about that?!

I'm off to make a Wacky Cake for my son to take to activity tonight.  Think I can do it without licking the spoon?  Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread