Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies


Much to my kids' dismay, I've been avoiding baking a lot the past few weeks because I'm watching calories.  BUT today I've got 5 extra kids for afternoon snacks AND I volunteered to bring treats for my 8 year old daughters basketball game tomorrow.  I've been craving chocolate, and since I KNOW I'll sneak some of whatever I make, I figured I just as well tend to that craving. :)  (We know it's important for Mom's to take care of their needs so they can tend to the needs of the family, right?  At least that's how I'm justifying it today. LOL )

These cookies are an adjustment to another recipe I have for plain chocolate chip cookies.  I just added the cocoa, adjusted the eggs and flour.  This makes a large batch - about 6 dozen cookies.  (I've never heard any of the kids complain about that.)

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 C. butter or margarine
2 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 C. white sugar
3/4 C. baking cocoa
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
5 3/4 - 6 C. flour
1 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
1 C. milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter, both sugars, and cocoa.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Add the rest of the ingredients except for chocolate chips, and mix together until well blended.  Mix in chocolate chips.  The dough is pretty stiff but not crumbly.  Roll in walnut sized balls and place on cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool a few minutes on cookie sheet and then remove to cool on rack.


Comments

  1. Oh boy, that chocolate cookie looks absolutely delicious. I love your picture with that bit of gooey melted chocolate popping out. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread