Easy Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies



It seems that certain recipes come and go in our menu's and some things that we just loved for a while get pushed aside by new loves and forgotten. I was hunting through my piles of recipes today and came across one I haven't made for several years.  I mixed up a batch of these Easy Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies this morning and my kids love them!  And they were so easy!  I don't know why I set this recipe to the back of the cupboard!  I love bar cookies and brownies partly because you just mix them up and bake all at once rather than changing out pans of cookies every 10 minutes.  

I like to double this recipe and spread it in a large 18x13 baking sheet with sides.


Easy Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies

3/4 C. butter or margarine

1 C. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 C. buttermilk pancake mix (just add water kind)
1/2 C. chocolate chips
1/4 C. chopped walnuts

In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, add egg and vanilla and mix well.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Spread in a well greased 9x13 pan.  Bake 12-15 minutes at 375°.   Cool before cutting into bars.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread