Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Easy Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies



It seems that certain recipes come and go in our menu's and some things that we just loved for a while get pushed aside by new loves and forgotten. I was hunting through my piles of recipes today and came across one I haven't made for several years.  I mixed up a batch of these Easy Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies this morning and my kids love them!  And they were so easy!  I don't know why I set this recipe to the back of the cupboard!  I love bar cookies and brownies partly because you just mix them up and bake all at once rather than changing out pans of cookies every 10 minutes.  

I like to double this recipe and spread it in a large 18x13 baking sheet with sides.


Easy Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies

3/4 C. butter or margarine

1 C. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 C. buttermilk pancake mix (just add water kind)
1/2 C. chocolate chips
1/4 C. chopped walnuts

In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, add egg and vanilla and mix well.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Spread in a well greased 9x13 pan.  Bake 12-15 minutes at 375°.   Cool before cutting into bars.  


No comments:

Post a Comment