Banana Cookies





This week I've had some banana's that look like this sitting on my counter.  They were screaming at me to be used!



This stage of banana ripeness usually turns into banana bread.  NOT TODAY!  

I found a few that looked okay but the one I followed closest was this one:   Banana Cookies at Simply Recipes.    I changed it up a bit for my own tastes (and because it's hard for me to leave a recipe alone) and these cookies turned out delicious! 

(I'm curious to see if my banana despising daughter will eat them when she gets home from school today - they do have chocolate chips in them to tempt her!)




As you mix this you'll notice it is more of a batter than a dough.  I used my 1 oz. cookie scoop to place them on the parchment paper.  I love my cookie scoop!   I have a few.  I like the one on the left best because I love the squeezey handle rather than the thumb squeeze,  and my girls like the one on the right best.  Maybe because it has a pretty purple handle.  




If you have some aged banana's sitting on your counter, and you like banana bread but would like to try something different, I really think you'll love these!


Banana Cookies

1 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter or margarine
1 egg
1 C. mashed banana
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 C. flour
1/4 C. chopped walnuts (optional)
1/3 C. chocolate chips (I used mini chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Cream sugar and butter or margarine.  Add one egg and beat well.  Add banana and vanilla and mix.  Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to banana mixture, stirring well.   Add chocolate chips and nuts if desired.   Spoon on to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. 

Bake for 10-13 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.   


Cool on cookie sheet a few minutes and remove to a cooling rack.    Makes about 3 dozen cookies.





Comments

  1. They were very yummy. Hopefully one found its way into my lunch box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my almost-four-year-old grandson is going to LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread