Cinnamon Swirl Bread





My husband loves Cinnamon Swirl bread from the bakery.  I love it too but it's just pricier than I like!  I found that I can use my regular bread recipe and tweak it a little with great results!

You can find my favorite bread recipe HERE.  Scroll down to the bottom of it and you'll find the measurements for 2 loaves.  That's the easiest.   Today I did a recipe for 4 loaves and then left 2 of them regular and made Cinnamon Swirl from the other two.

Cinnamon Swirl Bread

1 batch of dough enough for 2 loaves of Tender Homemade Bread
2 T. butter, softened
1/4 C. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon

Divide the dough in two.  Let rest 10 minutes. (this step really makes it easier to work with the dough when rolling it out)

Mix the sugar and cinnamon.

Roll out half of the dough.  Make it as wide as the length of your bread pan. (mine was 8 inches).  Roll it so it's about 1/2 inch thick.   Using a knife or the back of a spoon, spread half of the the softened butter on the dough. sprinkle with approximately half of the cinnamon sugar.  Roll tightly, pinching the seam closed.  Don't worry about pinching the ends closed. Place into greased bread pan.

Let rise until doubled and bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Cool and slice.  

Joy's Notes:  The swirl may separate some in the slices but it will stay together well enough to toast and use as desired.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread