Easy Cheesecake Cupcakes



Easy Cheesecake Cupcakes
I love cheesecake!  It is one of my favorite desserts.  I've learned to make a pretty good baked cheesecake but it takes some time to get it smooth and creamy.  These little Easy Cheesecake Cupcakes are quick and easy.  You can enjoy that delicious cheesecake texture and taste with minimal effort and they look adorable.

My friend Teresa gave me this recipe several years ago when I needed a portable dessert.  They work perfectly for toting to parties or for serving as a delicious dessert after a meal at home.

I'm thinking we'll use these on Valentine's Day for a fun ending to our meal.

Easy Cheesecake Cupcakes

1 C. sugar
3 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened to at least room temperature
4 eggs
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 pkg. NILLA Wafers
Cherry or Blueberry pie filling
Whipped Cream, optional
24 paper muffin cups

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Mix sugar, cheese, eggs and lemon juice until smooth.  



Place paper muffin liners in muffin tin.  Place one Nilla Wafer in the bottom of each cup.  Spoon cheese mixture over wafers to fill cups 3/4 full.  

Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.  Cool.  Cupcakes will sink in the middle while cooling,  Spoon pie filling on each cupcake and refrigerate at least an hour.  Add whipped topping if desired.   Makes about 24 cupcakes.




Joy's Notes:  It helps to have the eggs at room temperature.  If I haven't remembered to take them out, I just set them in a bowl and cover with fairly warm water for a few minutes to warm them up.  This help keep the cream cheese from being lumpy when you mix it together.  Also - NILLA wafers are a little larger than any other vanilla wafer cookie I've found.  I like them best for the crust on these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread