Humpty Dumpty Egg Salad Sandwiches

 


Easter is nearly upon us!  One of our favorite traditions is dying and decorating eggs.  Finding a way to use up those eggs in a timely manner is a challenge for me!  Years ago I came across a similar recipe in a magazine and though I've lost that recipe, I still make up my own version of it nearly every year.  

The addition of cottage cheese helps mellow out the heaviness of the eggs, and shredded cheddar cheese adds some fun flavor.   Often we just spread the mixture on slices of bread, but I love a good crusty roll for mine.

Enjoy!


Humpty Dumpty Egg Salad Sandwiches

4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced

1/3  cup celery, finely chopped

1/2 cup cottage cheese

2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard

1/4 cup mayonnaise 

1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

salt and pepper to taste

Bread of your choice

lettuce leaves, optional

Gently mix all of the ingredients except the bread.  Spread the bread with butter if you'd like and spread with a thick layer of filling.  Top with lettuce and more cheese if desired. 4-6 sandwiches depending on the size of your bread. 

Joy's Notes:  If you cook like I do, you'll adjust almost everything to taste and what you have available!  Dijon is my favorite mustard to use in this but you could do yellow mustard.   The rolls I used this time, I made using my French Bread recipe.  I cut the recipe in half, divided that into 6 rolls that I shaped into a rectangle.  Brush with butter after they are done cooking.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread