Back to menu's again

I didn't get a menu done for the past week and it has been hard to think up something I want to eat, and feel like cooking.  I tend to procrastinate deciding until I've only got an hour or so until dinner and then my choices are pretty limited. Planning a menu make eating and cooking a lot more fun and allows me to use my Bountiful Basket produce more effectively.

Today on Facebook I asked for help with menu ideas and got a bunch of great ones!  One of the best parts of this menu, is that I have everything on hand!  LOVE having a well stocked pantry!   

This is what we'll be enjoying the next week or so:


Wednesday -    Breaded steelhead with lemon, broccoli, Oven Fries, and strawberries with whipped cream

Thursday -        Spaghetti and Meatballs, tossed green salad,  home made French Bread

Friday -            Chicken Enchiladas (I have a pan in the freezer to use up), Spanish Rice, Fruit Salad

Saturday -        Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, apple slices

Sunday -           Boiled Beef, cauliflower & carrots, baked potatoes, tossed green salad

Monday -          Steak on the grill (I hope),  Buttery Garlic Potatoes,  corn, red        Jello w/ raspberries, rolls or heart shaped biscuits.  

Tuesday -         White Bean Chili , left over rolls or biscuits

Wednesday -     Sloppy Joes, Oven Fries, sliced oranges

Thursday -         Stracciatella , Toasted french bread, fruit salad

Friday -              Homemade Pizza w/ pepperoni, red pepper, olives, onion,  and a tossed green salad.


The Saturday at the end of this menu I'll be getting a Bountiful Basket order again and once I see what veggies and fruits I get that week, I'll do the menu for the next 2 weeks.  :)  A possibility for that week will be Chicken Fried Steak - if I can find that package of cubed steak I have in the freezer.  THANK YOU to all those who made suggestions!  My family will be happy to have a few new things for dinner and I will be happy to have it all planned out so I can cook without thinking too much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread