5 Ways to use Zucchini






At the beginning of zucchini season we love, love, LOVE, zucchini fried in butter or olive oil.  We could eat it every day with dinner!  However, by the middle of zucchini season we're pretty ready to let our zucchini taste buds branch out with new zucchini recipes!

Here are 5 of our favorite ways to use zucchini fresh off of the plant!  (or frozen if it's winter and you've wisely planned ahead!)

1.  By far our favorite.... Ooey-Gooey Zucchini Brownies!  I could easily eat 5 servings of vegetables THIS way!



2.  A healthy snack of .....  Zucchini Bread!   I like nuts in this but my kids don't so one of these days when they've all left home I'm making this and adding EXTRA nuts.  In the meantime I see no reason to waste a good thing on someone who can't appreciate it. :)





3.  Zucchini Frittata can make a simple dinner, delicious lunch, or even a savory breakfast!   I love freshly picked tomatoes diced on the top and sprinkled with a little salt.



4.  Rattatouille!   (The food, not the movie.)  Savory and delicious!  I've read it described as a meatless stew.  A beautiful meld of flavorful summer vegetables no matter what you choose to call it.



5.  Zucchini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.   These cupcakes are tasty and classy enough to serve at a party.  The frosting is to die for!  If it were acceptable I'd probably be fine with just a bowl of frosting and a spoon.  The Zucchini Cupcakes are a good carrier though.  So moist!




And there you have it!  Five of my families favorite ways to eat zucchini!  Sometimes the kids don't even know they're eating it!  Give a few of these recipes a try and let me know how you like it!

Enjoy!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread