Grandma Evelyn's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies are soft and chewey and delicious. Each time I bite into one I am taken back to my Great Grandma McKinnon's kitchen. One of the few memories I have of her.


Cream Together:

1 Cup Margarine
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Sugar

Add 2 beaten eggs and beat well on high speed of mixer.

Dissolve 1 tsp baking soda in 6 tsp very hot water; add to creamed mixture with 1 tsp vanilla.

Add 3 Cups of flour mixed with 1/2 tsp salt and mix well on medium speed.


Add:
1 Cup Chopped Walnuts (optional - I always opt not)
1 Cup Chocolate Chips (not optional to get chocolate chip cookies :P)

Drop by heaped teaspoons on cookie sheet and bake 12 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let stand one minute then remove to cooling rack. Stand by to swat kids' hands as they try to sneak them while they're still hot.

Comments

  1. YUM! These were the first chocolate chip cookies I learned to make after I was married. They are THE best cookie right out of the oven.

    Watch the cookie dough - it disappears too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread