Best Ever Canned Salsa!


One of my favorite things to can is salsa.  I can adjust how hot it is to our families taste, I can use vegetables we grow ourselves.  Mainly though, it's easy and it TASTES TERRIFIC!  This recipe made 25 pints today. :)  It may make less if you have a lot of "tasters" helping out.

These are going to look fabulous on my storage room shelf.  :) (at least they will look fabulous until they're gone )

Salsa

9 Quarts peeled & diced tomatoes
6 C. chopped onion
6 C. diced green pepper
1 12 oz can pickled jalapeno's, sliced (find in hispanic section of grocery)
2 1/2 C. white vinegar
1/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. salt
1/2 tsp dried red pepper (I leave this out because we don't like it hot)
2 cans diced green chilis
4 cloves garlic diced
1 bunch cilantro (I use 1/2 a bunch)
1 Anaheim pepper (option if you want more heat)
4 tsp. cumin
4 tsp. oregano

cook 2 hours uncovered and add:

3 large cans tomato paste

Pour into pint jars & waterbath for 20 minutes.

I like to use 1-2 jalapeno peppers instead of the anaheim pepper. This turns out fairly thick & chunky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread