Good Brownies


Here's another brownie recipe!  You can never have too many, though I have a few that are favorites, and this is one of them.  Mmmmm!  It is similar to the recipe I grew up baking, but they use oil instead of margarine (heart healthier), uses 5 eggs instead of 4, and adds a teaspoon of salt. 



Dave got this recipe from a guy he works with.    When I asked for the recipe & Dave brought home a 3x5 card titled "Good Brownies"  I really had to laugh... good brownies - as opposed to those yucky ones. LOL   The name is a good description, but they are so good they deserve a fancier name - I just haven't thought of it yet.  Anyway - Thanks to Einar for these delicious brownies!

Einar's Good Brownies

2 C. sugar
1 3/4 C. flour
1/2 C. baking cocoa
1 tsp. salt
5 eggs
1 C. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C. chopped walnuts (optional)

Mix the first eight (or seven if you're not using the walnuts) ingredients and beat until smooth.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle a couple of good sized handfuls of chocolate chips over the top.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.

Joy's Notes:   These really don't need icing at all.  I love the nuts, but some of my kids don't so often, I just sprinkle them on half of the top - just like the chocolate chips. 

These are GOOD!... and very quick to mix up and bake.  Enjoy sharing these with your family... or possibly your co-workers.  I'm sure Einar had no idea they'd become a favorite at our household. :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread