Chili Verde

This week, along with my usual Bountiful Basket of fruits & veggies, I ordered a Mexican specialty pack.  What a fun bunch of new (to me) items to cook with!  We had jalapeno's, green chilis, limes, cilantro, garlic, tomatillos, avocados, green onions, and a couple of yellow onion.  There are several of those items I've never used.  A quick search online revealed MANY recipes to consider!  This is the one I found that looked the most interesting and that I had all the ingredients on hand.   The directions were easy to follow and I only made a few adjustments to the original recipe.  It turned out delicious!!!   We served ours with Spanish Rice and warmed corn tortilla's.

My changes:   I used only 1/2 a jalapeno, added 2 green chilies, which I roasted but did not take the skin off of, only about 1/3 of the cilantro.   I also put mine in a crockpot.  Then an hour before dinner, I ladled off most of the liquid, put it in a pan & boiled it for about 10 minutes to reduce the liquid a fair bit.  If you cooked this on the stovetop that part wouldn't be necessary.

This is definitely a recipe going into our menu rotations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread