Rosemary Salmon

My hubby works a lot of closing shifts so often this means he doesn't get home until 9:30pm.  So often I make dinner for the kids early because they're in bed before he gets home and then I fix dinner for him and I.  It can be really hard to cook for just two especially for me coming from a big family.  This is more of directions than a recipe.  This is my favorite way or rather only way I make salmon at home.


Rosemary Salmon

2 4oz Salmon Filets ( I like to get the ones from Walmart)
1 TBSP Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Dried Rosemary (Fresh would be better)

Heat a skillet on medium heat.  Add olive oil and heat.  Place the Salmon filets in pan and sprinkle with sea salt.  Crush a pinch of rosemary in your hand and sprinkle onto salmon.  Sear both top and bottom then lower heat to medium low, cover and finish cooking (about 5-8 min).  Enjoy!

Audra's Notes:  I serve this most often with hashbrowns.  Tonight I also served it with a salad and oranges.

As you know we're doing this "Great in Eight" challenge and this made a great meal for not very many calories.  I thought you might be interested how many calories were in this meal.  Here's the calorie breakdown:

4oz Salmon - 100
1 TBSP Olive Oil - 120
Hashbrowns - 70
Salad w/ Avacado & veggies - 60
2 TBSP Red Wine Vinagerette - 80
1/2 Orange - 35
1 Cup Skim Milk - 90

Total: 555

Oh yeah!!

Comments

  1. Oh Audra! I can't believe you ate that ... it just looks beautiful! :) I need to try feeding the kids salmon again. I love it and your recipe sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread