Pumpkin Season!



Today I ran across a couple of menu calendars I made in October and November of 2000.  I know... it's sad I keep things that long. :)  HOWEVER, it was fun to read through them and see that 11 years ago we still ate seasonally.  There was a lot of soup, winter squash, baked potatoes, and apple dishes.  It also reminded me of a few dishes I haven't fixed for quite a while and would like to serve again...  Like brown sugar chicken. Yummy!


I have some pumpkin I plan to bake up and freeze to use later.  Right now they're a decoration, but soon they'll fulfill their purpose on the table.  I got an email from Better Homes and Gardens today that had a link to 41 Yummy Pumpkin Recipes.  Some of those recipes looked REALLY good!  I'm looking forward to trying the Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars and the Pumpkin Creme Caramel!  I'm considering trying the Pumpkin Bean soup.... but I can almost bet you that I'd be the only one who'd eat it without complaining. (or gagging visibly so as to be excused from eating all of their dinner)   Anyway - if you'd like to check that out you can find it HERE.

With Halloween and Thanksgiving coming up, we will be enjoying pumpkin in several ways the next month and a half.  

I've already posted a few pumpkin recipes here on my blog if you want to check those out:

Pumpkin Pie
Seasoned Pumpkin Seeds
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Pie Cake

By the way - isn't my little guy so cute in that picture above?  That was last year.  I'm positive he won't fit in that costume this year, he's growing like a weed!  Pumpkin Season indeed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread