Cinnamon Streusel Snack Cake



We made Cinnamon Streusel Snack Cake for Family Home Evening treat last night and I realized I haven't shared this recipe on my blog yet!  If you like cinnamon, you'll want to try this!  This delicious snack cake (or coffee cake) has been a favorite of our family for many years!  My sister Beverly made it when I was expecting my first baby.  I just craved it through that pregnancy.  27 years later I still love it!  I love the heavy texture and the crunchy cinnamon topping.   My favorite way to eat this is with a nice scoop of good chocolate ice cream. (and a spoon!)   Mmmmm!!!    

This is quick to make and serves nice warm or cold.

Cinnamon Streusel Snack Cake

Batter:

2 C. flour
1 C. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 C. margarine or butter, softened
1egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Beat until well combined.

Streusel:

1/2 C. chopped walnuts
1/3 C. brown sugar
1/4 C. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 T. firm margarine or butter

Mix with a fork until crumbly.

Grease a 9x13 baking pan.  Spread half of the batter in the pan, sprinkle with half of the streusel.  Spread remaining batter over streusel and then sprinkle the last half of the streusel mixture on top being sure to sprinkle some clear to the edges.   Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Enjoy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread