Peanut Butter Fudge




Delectable!   I snagged this recipe from Angie, who got it from Lindsay.  I don't know where Lindsay got it, other than I think her Mom made it when she was growing up.  Where do these fabulous recipes come from anyway?  Several years in a row Angie brought our family a plate of homemade treats at Christmas time.  I loved this fudge so much I finally called her to get the recipe.  I wrote fast while she read the recipe to me over the phone. (a lot of my recipes are like this)  Here's my personal shorthand version:

PB Fudge

3 Cu butter
6 C. sugar
1 can evap M
3 C. pb
1 tsp van
lg or 2 sm marsh cr.

There you have it. :)  Probably not the recipe version I should pass down for generations.  At least now that I'm posting this on my blog, they'll have a translation and better directions. 

Once the translations from my scribbles are done, Peanut Butter Fudge is fairly easy to make.  I like to pour it into a large jelly roll pan and then cut it in about 1 inch squares.  It is pretty rich. (AMAZING with a glass of nice cold milk!)  Wrap or cover with plastic wrap and it will store really well for a couple of weeks, if you hide it, or you could freeze it for longer storage.


Peanut Butter Fudge

3 cubes of butter (1 1/2 Cups)
6 C. sugar
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
3 C. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large or 2 small jars Marshmallow Creme

Combine butter, sugar, and milk in a large pan (4 quarts works nice) and bring to boil.  Once it's at a rolling boil (still keeps boiling as you stir it), stir and cook for 5 1/2 minutes.  Take off heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients... peanut butter, vanilla, and marshmallow creme.  Pour into a greased 9x13 pan or a cookie sheet with sides.  Cool and cut into squares. 

Enjoy!  I suggest sharing with friends and neighbors.  It's a lot to eat all by yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread