Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies



My son loves the Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies from Subway.  These were an experiment to try imitating those.  It's been a while since I've had one of those cookies from Subway, but whether they compare exactly or not, this experiment turned out really well!  My son gives them two thumbs up so I will continue making these cookies!  YUM!   

I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with some modifications.  I left out the regular vanilla and chocolate chips and added a block of cream cheese, a little extra flour, raspberry flavoring and raspberry "bits".  These raspberry bits I ordered through Alison's Pantry a while back.  They haven't been in the catalog but will be for the September order!  You can find a similar product on Amazon Here.  The products aren't exactly the same but I imagine either would work.

This does make a large batch but they freeze really well in either dough or baked form!


Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies

2 C. butter, softened
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 C. white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. raspberry flavoring
3 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
6 1/4 C. flour
1 12 oz. package white chocolate chips
1/2 C. raspberry bits
1 C. barely chopped nuts, optional  (I used walnuts because I had those on hand)

Cream butter, cream cheese, and sugars, then add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Add rest of ingredients and mix together well.  Roll in golf-ball sized balls or use a cookie scoop, and place on cookie sheet.

Bake at 350° for around 10 minutes give or take a minute depending on your oven.  You want them to be puffy and starting to brown a tad on the bottom edge and then when you take them out of the oven they won't look quite done.  Let them sit on the cookie sheet and cool for 5-10 minutes.     I have a gas convection oven and have to adjust for that.  I bake these in my oven at 325 for 9 minutes most of the time.

Joy's Note:   If you can't find the raspberry bits, I think a lot of the flavor comes from the raspberry flavoring so I think they would still be pretty good without those.  If you live near me - the bits will be in the September 2014 Alison's Pantry catalog.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread