Savory Garlic Pull-Apart Bread






This Savory Garlic Pull-Apart Bread was a terrific accompaniment for the Turkey Pasta salad we had for dinner tonight. I wanted to make a garlic bread of some sort.  I used the dough recipe that my friend Pat uses for her cinnamon rolls (I had just printed it off and it was still on the counter!  Nice and handy!) though I did cut that recipe in half.  I did add a tad more salt, and a tad less sugar.  I dipped pieces of dough from that into melted butter mixed with garlic powder.    Next time, I will use more garlic and a little salt with the butter.  I included those changes with this recipe.

I was pleased over all with how these turned out!  They did almost grow out of the pan though!  My favorite part to eat was the crisp outer edges.  Mmmmm!   Definitely making these again!  I can't wait to try these with soups later this fall and winter!

Savory Garlic Pull-Apart Bread

1 3/4 C. warm water
1/4 C. oil
1/3 C. sugar
3 T. yeast

Mix together and let sit 15 minutes. 

Add:

1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
5 C. flour (may need a little more if too sticky)

Mix until smooth and the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.  Pull off pieces a bit larger than a golf ball and form into a ball.  

Mix 1 cube (1/2 C) melted butter, 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. salt.  

Dip balls of dough into the butter mixture and place in a greased bundt pan or into a couple of loaf pans, layering as needed. (you won't need to let this rise much, just few minutes and mine was over flowing!)

Bake within a few minutes of filling the pan at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until the outside is a crusty brown.  Turn out onto a plate or serving platter.  Serve warm!





Joy's Notes:  I used my Kitchen Aid mixer for this but the dough is soft and it would be easy enough to mix it all by hand.  Next time I'm going to add a few more seasonings such as basil or maybe parsley and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each layer.  This will be a fun recipe to play with.  AND when I'm ready for a sweet pull apart bread this dough will be perfect for that too!  Thanks Pat!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread