Ranch Style Lentil and Burger Bake


Lentil and Burger Bake



We've been finding new ways to eat healthier which includes using beans and legumes more often.  My Mom used to make this lentil dish once in a while and I've always loved it.   I love the peppery, earthy flavor of lentils!   They cook up quicker than dry beans as well, you can cook them on the stovetop for 40-50 minutes or in the instant pot for around 8-10 minutes.  Sometimes I just love my Instant Pot for things like that!

When I'm reading recipe blogs I don't enjoy having to sort through so much chatter to find the recipe, so on to the important part!  


Ranch Style Lentil and Burger Bake

1 lb. lean hamburger (I like 93/7 but use what you can find)

1 T. olive or vegetable oil

1 pkg. dry onion soup mix OR 1 T. beef bouillon and 1/2 C. fresh, diced onion

4 C. cooked lentils

1 tsp. dry mustard

1 tsp. vinegar

1 C. water


Brown burger in oil, stir in remaining ingredients.  Pour into a casserole dish or 9x13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through.



Joy's Notes:   

This is easy to cut in half especially if you're not using the dry onion soup mix.  

Lentil's freeze pretty well.  

Sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't want to take time to bake this dish.  I just heat everything on the stovetop for 5-10 minutes and serve that way.

 


Don't you just love this ovenware?!  It matches my tableware and makes my heart so happy! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creamy Pork Chops and Potatoes

Brown Rice, Broccoli and Chicken Bake

Molasses Oatmeal Bread